jeudi 9 février 2012

Fish River Canyon. NAMIBIA

The Fish River Canyon is located in the south of Namibia. It is the second largest canyon in the world and the largest in Africa. Photos from Summer 2011.

3 commentaires:

  1. Oh man, I SO want to go there. Top of my list of places to visit, along with New Zealand.

    Great photos, Jordi. I especially like the second one with the bright orange peeping from behind the drab brown. Nice composition, too.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Well, sunset light does more than half the job. It indeed helps a lot. Namibia is an amazing country, really worth it! I'm planning New Zealand for next year, but I don't know if the weather there is appropiate during european summer.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Yeah, light vanishing behind the mountains at sunset can make for gorgeous pictures. I like taking 'em, too. :-)

    I have the same reservations about visiting New Zealand in winter. We were going to do it two years ago, but chickened out because I heard it was very rainy in New Zealand in winter. We ended up going to tropical Vanuatu and northern Queensland instead. We're thinking of giving it another shot in about half a year, though, as I'm beginning to feel a craving for snow. If we can be sure we get some snow as well as rain, we'll probably go for it.

    RépondreSupprimer