vendredi 16 mars 2012

Rome. ITALY


Miscellaneous snapshots taken in 2006 on the eternal city

3 commentaires:

  1. I think I recognise all these places... I was hoping to get a good shot of the elephant, but somehow I couldn't find the right angle. Very frustrating.

    If I may correct your English, it's 'snapshots TAKEN in 2006'. Sorry for being such a pedant; it's just that it's been staring me in the face for a while and I'm too much of a proofreader to let such mistakes go uncorrected. I hope you're not offended. :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Yes! You're very welcome to correct me, especially with mistakes that I carry on over and over he he! I will correct that thanks!
    As for Rome, I wasn't in a very photographer mood, nor with the best equipment, but as marvelous and charming the city is, it's not that easy to get the good shot there. I should go back and try again!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Glad to hear you're not offended by my being such a pedant! It's hard to gauge sometimes whether or not you can correct someone.

      I agree on Rome being hard to photograph. I did get some lovely shots there, but not as many as I was expecting. Sometimes the light wasn't right, sometimes there were too many people in the way, and sometimes the splendour of the city just didn't make for a good photo. Take the Pantheon, for instance -- gorgeous building, but very hard to photograph, especially without a tripod. I hate it when that happens.

      Like yourself, I really want to go back to Rome, not just to take more photos but to visit all the places I didn't get round to visiting last time round. I missed out on so many churches and Renaissance palaces, and I never took the long and aimless walk in Trastevere that I was planning. So many things left to see...

      Supprimer