Photos from Summer 2009
lundi 31 mars 2014
vendredi 28 mars 2014
mardi 25 mars 2014
The Duomo, the medieval cathedral of the Archdiocese of Pisa, is a five-naved cathedral with a three-naved transept. Its Construction began in 1064 by the architect Busketo, and set the model for the distinctive Pisan Romanesque style of architecture.
The Baptistery, largest one in Italy, stands opposite the west end of the Duomo. The round Romanesque building was begun in the mid 12th century.
The building of the bell tower, commonly known as the Leaning Tower of Pisa, started in 1173 and took place in three stages over the course of 177 year. Five years after construction began, when the building had reached the third floor level, the weak subsoil and poor foundation led to the building sinking on its south side. By the time the building was completed, the lean was approximately 1 degree, or 80 cm (2.5 feet) from vertical. At its greatest, measured prior to 1990, the lean measured approximately 5.5 degrees. As of 2010, the lean was reduced to approximately 4 degrees.
Photos from Summer 2013.