dimanche 6 janvier 2013

Schiermonikoog. NETHERLANDS




Schiermonikoog is a 16 km long and 4 km wide island situated in the north of the Netherlands. Its beaches are incredibly wide during low tides and the ferry that links the island to the inland navigates through a kind of canal that avoids the shallow waters, where the birds love to stay while beholding the ferry pass by (See photo 2). Photos from 2001

2 commentaires:

  1. Wow, a part of Holland that I haven't actually seen...

    I'd love to hear you pronounce 'Schiermonnikoog'. :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. REally? It's very close to Groningen. I've been often to the NEtherlands, albeit never in a photographer mood. I wasn't that bad at pronouncing that, but I admit I did a lot of Rehearsing before hand he he...

    RépondreSupprimer